HDPE pipe is widely used in engineering fields such as water supply and drainage construction and gas transportation because of its strong corrosion resistance, strong wear resistance, non-toxicity, and flexibility.
Installation requirements and methods for HDPE pipes in winter when the temperature is below 0 degrees:
1. Low temperature antifreeze: PE pipes below 0 degrees will freeze to damage the pipes and fittings during installation, pressure test, and water accumulation. It should be noted that after installation, pressure test, etc., water should not accumulate in the pipeline as much as possible to avoid freezing the pipeline. Pay attention to pipe insulation.
2. Rain and snow weather: it will cause considerable difficulties in construction, such as: ice on the surface of the pipeline, muddy water during thawing, etc. Pipes should be installed in rainy and snowy weather as far as possible.
3. Low temperature welding: When the ambient temperature is lower than 5 degrees Celsius, welding measures must be taken: for example, the pipeline should be preheated and slowly cooled before installing the pipeline to avoid brittle cracking of the pipeline.
4. Gale: Gale in winter will cause many problems. In gale weather, transportation pipelines and loading and unloading pipelines should be paid more attention. When transporting pipelines in windy weather, you should drive carefully and fix the pipelines securely. When loading and unloading pipelines, you should always pay attention to loading and unloading. Safe and avoid unnecessary losses.
5. Low temperature weather: personnel safety issues during low temperature construction: people will add clothes to keep warm when the temperature is low, but wearing more clothes and cold makes the body stiff and awkward. The staff should always keep warm and be cautious and pay attention to their own safety. .
6. Pipeline protection: You should be more cautious when moving pipes in winter. PE pipes are more likely to be brittle in cold weather. PE pipes should not fall from a high place or be hit by heavy objects, and they should not be bent forcefully to avoid pipe breaks.
Precautions for welding in winter：
1. The welding temperature of PE pipe is 220±10℃. Because the temperature in winter is low, the temperature can be set at 230℃. If the temperature is below -5℃, it needs to be covered and cooled with a quilt; if the winter wind is strong, it needs to be The two ports of the pipe are covered with plastic cloth, etc., to prevent "draft", and tents are set up at the same time to prevent the melting temperature of the pipe from being lowered due to the strong wind, and the pipe cannot be bonded together.
2. The heat absorption time is according to the company's procedures. The temperature is low in winter, and the heat absorption time can be appropriately increased according to the melting of the pipe.
3. The cooling time must be strictly in accordance with the construction submission. The pipe must not be moved without cooling, so as to avoid the pipe from breaking from the welding place. The welding joint must be cooled naturally to avoid the intrusion of water, wind, and dust, which may cause false welding of the pipe.
1. The depth of the buried pipe must be below the frozen soil layer. If part of it is shallowly buried, part of the overburden shall be appropriately raised.
2. In winter welding construction, be sure to keep the welding joint warm and windproof. If necessary, set up a tent and keep the temperature inside the tent at about 5°C.
3. Shorten the time from the removal of the heating plate to the docking of the pipe port as much as possible to prevent the molten port from rapidly cooling in the air and solidifying the surface.