HDPE pipes used in the field of fire protection should have the following advantages:
1. Non-toxic, hygienic: HDPE pipe is non-toxic, tasteless, and undergoes strict health monitoring. It is green building materials and never scales, which can effectively improve water quality.
2. Corrosion resistance: HDPE is an inert material that is resistant to various chemical media.
3. No leakage: HDPE pipe is connected by hot melt, and its interface strength is higher than that of the pipe itself.
4. High toughness: The elongation at break of HDPE pipes is generally above 500%. For the uneven settlement of the foundation, it has strong adaptability and good seismic performance.
5. Excellent resistance: Excellent resistance to rapid crack propagation (RCP).
6. Excellent flexibility: Excellent flexibility and scratch resistance.
7. Good wear resistance: Good wear resistance, low wall friction coefficient, low flow resistance and strong conveying capacity.
8. Non-excavation installation: A variety of non-excavation methods are available for easy construction and installation.
9. Low system cost: Low system cost and low maintenance cost can greatly reduce project costs.
10. Long service life: The buried HDPE pipe is used normally for more than 70 years.
11. Recyclable, environmentally friendly: HDPE materials can be reused, fully in line with the nationally advocated efficient environmental protection concept.